Sharing with a USER, GROUP, or CHATROOM
- First click on the SHARING icon next to your file or folder
2. Now start typing a name in “Name, federated cloud ID or email address” box
3. USER or GROUP names appear. Click the green “
Continue reading “9: Files – Advanced Sharing”
Press Enter to Select” button, and your file or folder is now shared with others.
Share with 1 person, a group, or Non-NextCloud user
- No need to email your files any more. Just click the SHARE button.
- Your work folders, files, documents, videos, pictures, and notes will now automagically appear in your co-worker’s folders.
- Check the Sharing permissions so Users can either Edit, Delete, Re-share, or Stop sharing your special files.
- What if a co-worker is not on NextCloud, but needs to download your file. Simple. Create a special external (public) Link/URL and send it to them by email, chat or SMS.
For more complex / advanced file access and sharing, go here instead.
7a: Uploading from SmartPhone
– To UPLOAD to NextCloud from your PC;
Select a file in File Explorer, then simply left-click-hold, drag-and-drop onto NextCloud
7b: Uploading from SmartPhone
– To UPLOAD to NextCloud from your PHONE: Watch this Video
- Lets assume a document is being viewed on your phone
- Touch menu to find three dots (to offer extra options)
- Select share
- Select your installed your (already installed) NextCloud app
- Choose a folder in NextCloud App to upload your file to
- Select upload button.
What is NextCloud Talk ?
It’s the Secure Video, Secure Audio, and Secure messaging, and Screen-Sharing App.
In the biz; they call this “Groupware” communications.
Check out the 1 min and 13 second crash course on using use NextCloud Talk.
Finally; begin using NextCloud in overdrive! Be an advanced user.
This video (6 mins well spent) on secure file access and sharing, features –
1. Hybrid file access directly via your PC (no browser needed)
2. Secure file sharing from the NextCloud Website or from Smartphone
Prefer working on your PC? All’s good !
Download the NextCloud Deskop Sync App
Create a special NextCloud folder on your PC. And attach it to the Sync Tool.
Now copy and organize all your files in PC’s folder.
Your NextCloud PC folder is immediately synced to your online NextCloud Account
Work super effectively by learning How to Sync
– To DOWNLOAD onto your PC,
In NextCloud page, click the three dots and select download
Need a way to access all your private files securely?
NextCloud is at your fingertips